1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1+1/2 cups quinoa (uncooked, rinsed with cold water and drained)
1 jalapeño, minced
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 cup boiled rajma (red kidney bean)
4 chopped tomatoes
1 cup corn kernels
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper
2+1/2 cups water (or as required)
2 tablespoons spring onion, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add garlic and red onion, stir and cook for a minute.
- Add quinoa, jalapeno, bell pepper, zucchini, rajma, tomatoes, corn, chilli powder, cumin, salt, water and mix together.
- Bring it to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to low. Do not stir the quinoa.
- Once the water is absorbed and quinoa is done (approx. 30 minutes), turn off the heat, and cover for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if required. Fluff the quinoa, and garnish with green onion.
Guys, I hope you enjoyed reading my work as much as I enjoyed writing it 😀Did you know that you can subscribe to my blog and receive notifications of new posts by email? If you haven’t done so already, do it right away. There’s a window on the side bar. Enter your email address, click on the “Follow“ button, and that’s it 😀
Please feel free to share my blog with your family and friends through email, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, StumbleUpon and Press This.
You can read my travel experiences and learn more about the many beautiful destinations in Mexico in my ebook (PDF format):
Discovering Mexico US$ 16.97 (or the equivalent value in your currency)
To know all about Mexico, here’s my ebook (PDF format):
Mexico: The Country, Its History & The Maya World US$ 7.97 (or the equivalent value in your currency)
For Mexico’s food history, detailed information on Mexican food & drink and a few recipes, buy my ebook (PDF format):
A Guide To Mexican Cuisine US$ 5.97 (or the equivalent value in your currency)
If you love reading romance novels and are a big fan of Mills & Boon novels, you will love my romance ebook (PDF format):
The Blue-Eyed Prince of Natlife US$ 4.99 (or the equivalent value in your currency)
Your feedback is highly appreciated 😀 Your “Like” and comments are greatly valued 😀 And let me tell you that I just love reading the warm words of appreciation that I receive for my work from my readers through the Contact Me page 😀 So be generous with the feedback 😀
Thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you back 😀